How to Apply to the Summer Art Program in Paris
The 2013 program is now closed. If you would like to be placed on mailing list to receive notification when applications for the 2014 program open (in September, 2013), contact program director Lou Marcus at: email@example.com.
Please read the following carefully:
- Applications will be processed as they are received and students who are accepted into the program will have a place reserved for them in the program until the enrollment limit is reached.
- Students who are accepted into the program after the enrollment limit is reached will be placed on a waiting list. After the deposit deadline (Jan. 24, 2014), any reserved spaces in the program that become available will be given to wait-listed students, who will be required to submit the deposit in order to secure that space.
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student status.
(Student must have completed a minimum of two full-time semesters at the university level by June 1, 2014.)
- Non-degree seeking and non-USF students may apply.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 in your major and an overall G.P.A. of 2.75.
- Minimum course prerequisites as listed in the course description or their course equivalents or equivalent background.
- Note: USF School of Art and Art History (SAAH) graduate students are assured acceptance into the program but must still file an application. It is not necessary for SAAH graduate students to provide recommendations.
Application instructions:The application to the Paris program is filed on-line through the Education Abroad office. Their site will guide you through the various steps toward completion of the application.
- If you are a USF student with an activated Net ID and password, file your application here: - If you are not a USF student and do not have a Net ID and password, you must first be accepted as a USF non-degree seeking student by following the instructions here. (Scroll down to "Non-USF student". Note: This requires a $30.00 application fee. If you would prefer to determine whether you meet the qualifications for the Paris program before filing this application, feel free to contact program director Lou Marcus at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of South Florida students are not required to submit a transcript since academic advising will supply that to us.
- Students at other schools are responsible for sending a current transcript (either an official or non-official transcript is acceptable) directly to the program director, Lou Marcus (email@example.com).
Your application must be supported by two recommendations from faculty or graduate instructors who are familiar with your abilities. They should provide their recommendation in the form of a brief message to the program director, Lou Marcus (firstname.lastname@example.org). After filing your application, you will be contacted by the program director to arrange a brief meeting, either in-person or by telephone.
Any questions about the application process or problems encountered in filing it should be directed to either Program Director Lou Marcus (email@example.com) or to USF Education Abroad advisor Julia Ficarra (firstname.lastname@example.org).